When you need an Immigration lawyer in Los Angeles, it is important to hire a firm that has years of experience helping immigrants with all their immigration needs.

A good immigration law firm will provide you with excellent legal guidance and ensure that all the relevant documentation is filed correctly. They will save you time and money by avoiding mistakes that can cost you in the long run.

Family Unification

Family reunification is one of the most common legal bases for immigration to the United States. It has been a core principle of US immigration law since 1968.

It is a human right recognized by many international conventions, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the European Union’s EU directive on family reunification (AS/Mig 2012). It includes spouses and unmarried children of permanent residents and citizens, parents and grandparents of children over age 21, siblings of U.S. citizens, and children who were adopted or emancipated from foster care.

Family reunification is a complex issue and it requires the assistance of a skilled immigration lawyer. Finding an immigration attorney in Los Angeles who is a good fit for your case will help ensure that you receive the best possible outcome. It is also important to choose an attorney who communicates well and is responsive to your questions or concerns.


Naturalization is the process of acquiring United States citizenship after meeting a number of requirements. These include maintaining lawful permanent residency for several years (generally five, though a green card holder married to a citizen can qualify after three years), proving basic proficiency in English, and showing knowledge of United States history and government.

Immigration lawyers in Los Angeles can help you navigate this complex process and determine whether you can apply for citizenship. They can also assist you with appeals to government agencies, including the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.

You may also acquire citizenship through your parent’s naturalization, if they were U.S. citizens at the time of their child’s birth. This requires a thorough analysis of the date of birth, whether one or both parents were U.S. citizens at the time and how long they were U.S. citizens. Children who were born outside the United States may acquire citizenship through a different method.


Asylum is a legal right that allows people who would otherwise be persecuted in their home country to come to the United States for protection. The United Nations 1951 Convention and 1967 Protocol define a refugee as someone who cannot return to his or her country of origin due to past persecution or because they fear future persecution “on account of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.”

In the United States, a person can apply for asylum before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or before an Immigration Judge.

A positive finding of asylum may allow you to stay in the United States and pursue a pathway to lawful permanent residence and citizenship. However, you must be able to prove that you have a well-founded fear of being persecuted in your home country and that there is a risk that you will not receive protection in your home country if you return.

Removal or Deportation

If you have been convicted of a criminal offense or violated a law, the United States government may want to remove you. Whether you are facing removal for a minor offense or a major felony, the process of deportation can be daunting.

Regardless of the circumstances, you need an Immigration lawyer in Los Angeles who understands the laws and your rights during this time. An attorney can help you present evidence to seek relief and avoid a one-way ticket back to your home country.

The first step in the process is receiving a Notice to Appear, or NTA, which lists the charges against you and your right to have an attorney. ICE usually issues this document to you within a few weeks of the arrest or investigation.